50cc Scooter (RN)
A Scooter is a motorcycle that;-
Is designed so as not to be capable of a speed exceeding 50 km/h; and either-
- Has an engine capacity not exceeding 50cc; or is not powered by a piston engine. Whether or not it is also capable of being
propelled by pedalling, but does not include a power assisted pedal cycle.
- Minimum age 16 years.
When can you start learning to ride: - Minimum age 15 years 6 months.
A LAMS approved motorcycle with an engine capacity not exceeding 660cc and with a power to weight ratio not exceeding
- No experience required (minimum age 17 years).
- Experience required to upgrade your licence or remove a restriction:
You can start learning to ride: - As soon as you turn 16 years of age.
The REA class is the same as the above RE class, but means you can only ride an automatic scooter or motorcycle.
OPEN CLASS (R)
A motorcycle with an engine capacity exceeding 660cc or a power to weight ratio exceeding 150 Kw/t.
- Must have held an R-E (Motorcycle) class licence for at least one (1) year.
You can start learning to ride: - Once attaining your restricted motorcycle licence (R-E class).
What will I need?
- A valid learner's permit obtainable from any DPi Licence centre. (Prior to booking lessons)
- Your Learners Permit must accompany you on all lessons.
- You will need to wear trousers, adequate enclosed footwear and a long sleeved top.
- Motorcycle (except moped & scooter), helmet with intercom systems (Bike to Bike) and Learner vests are provided for you or you can
use your own bike and helmet.
- Min 8 hr Cancellation or Full Fee Applies (min exceptions) A/H Cancellation Via SMS
- No Eftpos Available
We cover all licence centres in Perth including Rockingham, Mandurah & Northam.
We will turn up on test day!